onsdag 12. desember 2012

CMN, Adventskalender, luke 12

I have a new card to show you today and I also have a little Copic trick for you :)
Today is my turn to inspire you over at Copic Marker Norge 
and you will find this post in Norvegian there.
 
I love to use Opaque White to create snow on my images and I will show you how I do it today.
 
You need:
A coloured image, Opaque white, and an old toothbrush.

I have used the wonderful Christmas Lantern Marci from La La Land Craft
and coloured her in these colours:
Skin: E21-51-50, E93 for cheeks
Hair: E33-55-53-51-50
Jacket and hat: E47-44-43-42
Ribbon, lantern and dress: W5-3-1-0
Light around lantern: YR23-21, Y17 and At You spica Gold

Dip your toothbrush in the Opaque white, be careful so it wont drip on your motiv.

With one finger on the brush, just go over your motiv and "splash" carefully until you are happy with the result.

Repeat until it is snowy enough :)
I always makes a few little bigger dots with a toothpick, it looks more natural that way.
 
My Marci is done and looks so cute standing there in the snowstorm with her lantern ;)
I am sorry the pictures aren't the best.. but I hope you get an idea!

I have used the tut I made earlier for CMN and covered my motiv with UTEE for a more Vintage look. You will find that tut here if you have missed it
This is how I have made my card today:
 
Image: Christmas Lantern Marci from LaLaLand bought at Kreativ Scrapping
Papers from Maja design
I have used my new Spellbinder frame (♥Christine♥) called Floral ovals and the fantastic Tree line from TH
You will find everything (and a lot more!) at Kreativ Scrapping
 
Have a lovely winterday everybody ♥
Lots of hugs
Jill

10 kommentarer:

Astrid sa...

Absolutely stunning, love it !

hugs Astrid

Rosietoes sa...

Totally adorable. You cannot make a bad card Jill. I love everything about this.
Edna x x x

Maritha sa...

Meeeen åhhhh nu vill jag ju ha DET kortet med ju!!! Herreje gumman,du får skicka en lastbil med kort till mej,jag ska tapetsera väggarna me dom.....=) *hi hi*
HEEEEELT UNDERBART FINT!!!
Goa gumman du kan du!

Kram kram kram

Gro sa...

Det blir så flott med snø av opac white på denne måten.
Hele kortet er jo nydelig. Jeg likte også den knekkeeffekten med distress i sprekkene - MÅ prøves.

Klem :o)

Chris_P sa...

Helt fantastiskt!! Håller med Maritha!!

Mummylade sa...

så otroligt fint det blev!

Trine sa...

Det er det flotteste jeg har sett:) Har vært inne på Kreativ Scrapping og bestilt meg utee og stjerne dies:)

Ha en fin dag vennen:)
Klemmer:)

Donna sa...

Wow! Thank you for sharing your fabulous tut.
I love these images Jill, they are gorgeous.
Your finished creation is gorgeous. I need to create a card using the berries and swirls you kindly sent for my birthday but, it won't be anything like yours.

I need you in the UK to teach me!?!?! Lol xx

Big crafty hugs hunni xx

Katie sa...

Stunning Jill! This is one of my favorites you've ever done (at least until I see the next one, lol). I can't believe I've missed so much here on your blog- but I'm having fun looking through everything! So many hugs sent your way my friend, Katie

Christina C. sa...

What an amazing work of art....just stumbled onto your magnificent blog....sooooo adore all of your beautiful creations!!!!!